Mmmonk celebrated at DH Awards
Mmmonk was voted 1st runner up and 2nd runner up in two categories at the Digital Humanities Awards!
Digital Humanities Awards are a set of annual awards where the public is able to nominate resources for the recognition of talent and expertise in the digital humanities community. The resources are nominated and voted for entirely by the public. Mmmonk was officially nominated in three categories and was honoured in two of them:
BEST DH TRAINING MATERIALS
- Winner: The Programming Historian – http://programminghistorian.org/
- 1st Runner Up: Mmmonk Workshop ‘Reuse of IIIF images in education and research’ – https://www.mmmonk.be/en/about-iiif/workshops
- 2nd Runner Up: Cinema and the Digital Humanities – https://dhcinemanyu.wordpress.com/
BEST DH DATA VISUALIZATION
- Winner: TravellersMap – https://travellersmap.gr/
- 1st Runner Up: Virtual St Paul’s Cathedral Project – https://vpcathedral.chass.ncsu.edu/
- 2nd Runner Up: Mmmonk – IIIF annotation demo on the medieval Liber Floridus manuscript – https://www.mmmonk.be/en/about-iiif/iiif-demo-liber-floridus
The complete list of results is available on the DH Awards website. Congratulations to all of the other contestants and winners, and a huge thank you to everyone who voted for us!